How did this happen?
In 2010, five members of the KHRC "Memorial" (Zilberg, Safronov, Sazhin, your humble servant, and now-deceased Ostrovsky) came up with the media www.7x7-journal.ru, because there were no free press left in the Komi Republic by the time.
In 2012-2013, we have written projects and attracted foreign funding, so similar blogging platforms could appear in other regions of Russia, engage in the development of IT, so to speak (well, you remember: innovation, modernization). Bloggers could write posts, journalists could prepare news on key public events.
In December 2014 at the request of Federal Security Service of Russia in the Komi Republic, Head of the Department of Ethnography of the Institute of Language, Literature and History of the Komi Science Centre, Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences Shabayev, Y.P. has reviewed six of the materials published on the site in 2014.
Two materials on how the public reacted to the closure of the newspaper "Krasnoye Znamya" in Syktyvkar:
1) People in Syktyvkar read "Kranoye Znamya" in the rain for five minutes http://7x7-journal.ru/item/27914
2) Communists demanded the government of the Republic of Komi to "clean hands off" the republic oldest newspaper http: //7x7-journal.ru/item/27773
Two reports on the trial of Navalny, held in Kirov:
3) The beginning of the trial of Alexey Navalny: http://7x7-journal.ru/item/27489
4) Before the court session, Alexey Navalny said that the court would be delayed for many weeks and months, and the main task of government was to tire everyone http://7x7-journal.ru/item/27557
In addition, two of my posts, for which, by the way, nobody paid me:
5) On the interest of the Russian people http://7x7-journal.ru/post/28328
6) About Syktyvkar Strategy-31 http://7x7-journal.ru/post/24659
As a result of the examination ethnopolitologist of RAS, FSB of Komi and the Ministry of Justice concluded that the "Memorial" carried out political activities, as the site has cited resolution of the Communist Party, "the Government of Russia and Komi demonstrate incompetence and a complete inability to carry out constructive work" and published a photograph with a poster "Putin is a thief." This one:
The full text of the examination is on the Facebook page of Ernest Mezak.